About the Institution: Created in 1969, the Conference of Ministers of Youth and Sports of the Francophonie (CONFEJES) is an intergovernmental institution that works for the promotion of Youth, Sports and Recreation in the Francophone world. Five MENA countries are member states in CONFEJES: Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Djibouti and Lebanon. (Read more)
Of the six main objectives of CONFEJES, objectives 4 and 6 are relevant to HRE and CE, namely:
1) Advice and support to member countries by sharing expertise and by using their thinking skills and creativity
2) Train the trainers whose countries need in the areas of Youth, Sports and Recreation
3) To encourage socio-economic integration initiatives proposed by young people participating in the financing of projects by young entrepreneurs
4)To encourage the development of community life
5) Contribute to the development and training of elite athletes in Africa
6) Encouraging sports events and youth rallies to promote trade, stimulate and enhance their participation and contribution to society.